The Research division of FM Global is seeking resourceful knowledge-developers and problem-solvers with strong technical and communication skills to plan and conduct basic and applied research in support of our engineering, risk management, and loss prevention needs in the following fields:
- – Weather perils including tropical cyclones, thunderstorms, tornadoes, hail, winter storms.
- – Synthetic precipitation simulation for local to global scale flood modeling.
- – Storm surge and tsunami numerical modeling.
- – Hydrodynamic, one and two dimensional, small to large scale, flood modeling.
- – Structural mechanics and dynamics, earthquake and wind structural response, earthquake engineering and testing, vulnerability functions for structural and non- structural components.
- – Geospatial data analysis, geo-database development, management and applications to support natural hazard research in the ArcGIS environment, GIS scripting and programming, and automated processing of vector and raster datasets.
Most positions require a Ph.D. and a significant research record in the area of interest; solid background in probability and statistics; proven technical programming and modeling experience; GIS skills; and knowledge of model physics, principles, setup, calibration, validation and sound analysis practices. Applicants must have demonstrated project management abilities and excellent written and verbal communication skills. The job title and compensation depend on qualifications and experience.
For further information contact Dr. Hosam Ali, AVP and Director of Structural Hazards and Response Research.
1151 Boston-Providence Turnpike
P.O. Box 9102 Norwood, MA 02062 USA
T: +1 (1)781 762 4300 F: +1 (1)781 762 9375